- If you are in crisis, please call The Veterans Crisis Line (opens in a new window)
- You can review your health information at Myhealthevet (opens in a new window)
- You can find your benefits information at ebenefits (opens in a new window)
The Tennessee Department of Veterans Services (opens in a new window)
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue Nashville, TN 37243
Email at TN.Veterans@tn.gov
Submitting your own claim
VA Self Service Portal
Here you can find all the rules and regulations for what is necessary for each claim.
- Self Service Home (opens in a new window)
- Compensation (opens in a new window)
- Burial and Memorial (opens in a new window)
- Pension (opens in a new window)
Submitting a Travel Claim
VA Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)
VA Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) are standardized forms used by medical experts who conduct examinations for VA disability benefits purposes. DBQs address a range of medical conditions and include check-the-box inquiries designed to elicit the information needed for the VA to make determinations on the issues of service connection and the proper disability rating for a condition. When completed by a private medical expert, DBQs can be valuable evidence used to support a claim for VA disability benefits.
Information for Veterans and Caregivers
Care Givers Information
The Building Better Caregivers (BBC) is a free 6-week online workshop developed by Stanford University to support caregivers of Veterans of all eras. BBC brings together a community of caregivers to learn new ways to manage stress, improve communication and give and receive support in a safe and secure small group environment facilitated by trained leaders.
Need help? Visit www.caregiver.va.gov or call at 1-855-260-3274 to learn more about the support that is available to you and for assistance connecting with the Caregiver Support Coordinator at your local VA Medical Center.
- Adaptive equipment for motor vehicles
- Assistance to homeless veterans
- Burial Benefits
- Clothing allowance for prosthetic or orthopedic appliance users
- Compensation for service connected disabilities
- Death and indemnity compensation for dependents and survivors
- Dependents educational assistance
- Disability and Death Pension
- Disabled Veterans Outreach
- Drug and alcohol dependence treatment
- Education benefits
- Employment benefits
- Grants for specially adapted homes
- Home loans
- Medical and hospital care
- Nursing home care
- Re-employment rights
- Serviceperson’s/Veterans Group Life Insurance
- Services and aids for blind veterans
- Small and disadvantaged business utilization
- Special adapted motor vehicles
- Upgrading of military discharges
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Credit for military service in state employment
- Free hunting and fishing licenses for Veterans with 30% or more war service connected disabilities, after an initial one-time fee of $10.
- Free license plates for 100% service connected disabled veterans, Ex-POW’s, and recipients of MOH, DSC, NC or AFC
- Motor vehicle privilege tax exemption (wheel tax, etc., per state/county) for 100% disabled veterans
- Parking privileges for free license plate holders
- Property tax relief for 100% permanently and totally disabled veterans and/or their surviving spouses .
- Reemployment rights of public employees
- Registration of discharges by county registrar at no fee
- Special/Memorial license plates for certain veterans
- State Veterans Cemeteries Click for Burial Eligibility
- State veterans homes
- Veterans preference in state employment
The position of Cannon County Veterans Services Officer is currently vacant.