The Cannon County Veterans Service Office assists veterans, their spouses and surviving family members by providing assistance in procuring the benefits earned through military service.
The Veteran Services Office is offering services via zoom or telephone meetings.
Please call or email to set up an appointment (615-964-0887).
Information for Veterans and Caregivers
Cannon County Veterans Service Officer
301 West Main Street, 229
Woodbury, TN 37190
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in a new window)
- Important Links:
- 2021 VA Rates
- Here are the VA links for the Improved Pension Benefits
- The 2021 VA Pension Rates For Veterans (opens in a new window) | Veterans Affairs
- The 2021 VA Survivors Pension Benefit Rates (opens in a new window) | Veterans Affairs
The Tennessee Department of Veterans Services (opens in a new window)
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue Nashville, TN 37243
Email at TN.Veterans@tn.gov
VA Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) are standardized forms used by medical experts who conduct examinations for VA disability benefits purposes. DBQs address a range of medical conditions and include check-the-box inquiries designed to elicit the information needed for the VA to make determinations on the issues of service connection and the proper disability rating for a condition. When completed by a private medical expert, DBQs can be valuable evidence used to support a claim for VA disability benefits.
Care Givers Information
The Building Better Caregivers (BBC) is a free 6-week online workshop developed by Stanford University to support caregivers of Veterans of all eras. BBC brings together a community of caregivers to learn new ways to manage stress, improve communication and give and receive support in a safe and secure small group environment facilitated by trained leaders.
Need help? Visit www.caregiver.va.gov or call at 1-855-260-3274 to learn more about the support that is available to you and for assistance connecting with the Caregiver Support Coordinator at your local VA Medical Center.
- Adaptive equipment for motor vehicles
- Assistance to homeless veterans
- Burial Benefits
- Clothing allowance for prosthetic or orthopedic appliance users
- Compensation for service connected disabilities
- Death and indemnity compensation for dependents and survivors
- Dependents educational assistance
- Disability and Death Pension
- Disabled Veterans Outreach
- Drug and alcohol dependence treatment
- Education benefits
- Employment benefits
- Grants for specially adapted homes
- Home loans
- Medical and hospital care
- Nursing home care
- Re-employment rights
- Serviceperson’s/Veterans Group Life Insurance
- Services and aids for blind veterans
- Small and disadvantaged business utilization
- Special adapted motor vehicles
- Upgrading of military discharges
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Credit for military service in state employment
- Free hunting and fishing licenses for Veterans with 30% or more war service connected disabilities, after an initial one-time fee of $10.
- Free license plates for 100% service connected disabled veterans, Ex-POW’s, and recipients of MOH, DSC, NC or AFC
- Motor vehicle privilege tax exemption (wheel tax, etc., per state/county) for 100% disabled veterans
- Parking privileges for free license plate holders
- Property tax relief for 100% permanently and totally disabled veterans and/or their surviving spouses .
- Reemployment rights of public employees
- Registration of discharges by county registrar at no fee
- Special/Memorial license plates for certain veterans
- State Veterans Cemeteries Click for Burial Eligibility
- State veterans homes
- Veterans preference in state employment