Attached is this week’s COVID-19 vaccine brief. This week’s highlights include:
- Tennessee expands access to COVID-19 vaccination to those age 70 and up.
- To date, one in three Tennesseans age 70 and older has been vaccinated.
- More than 526,000 Tennesseans have received at least their first dose.
- Tennessee’s allocation of COVID-19 vaccines increased this week by 15 percent, and we expect our allocations to be level through the remainder of February.
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 have dropped more than 50 percent from the peak in early January.
- This week’s state allocation of COVID-19 vaccines is approximately 93,000 doses, a 15 percent increase in the state’s previous weekly vaccine allocations. Tennessee’s allocations are expected to be level through the remainder of February.
- This week, more than 100 major chain pharmacy stores will begin vaccinating against COVID-19.
Key links for COVID-19 vaccine information:
State of TN COVID-19 Vaccine Resources (opens in a new window)
TDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information (opens in a new window)
County Phase Status (opens in a new window)
Frequently Asked Questions (opens in a new window)