The county clerk has numerous duties, including acting as clerk of the county legislative body, issuing motor vehicle titles and registrations, collecting privilege taxes, and overseeing the issuance of beer permits, and marriage licenses.
The county clerk is the clerk of the county legislative body. T.C.A. §§ 18-6-101; 18-6-104. The clerk keeps the official records of the body, sends required notices, and keeps a record of all appropriations and allowances made and all claims chargeable against the county.
The county clerk is elected to a four-year term in the August general election in the same even-numbered year that the governor is elected. T.C.A. § 18-6-101.
Come On In and Let Us Help
The Cannon County Clerk is Lana Jones
200 West Main Street
Woodbury , TN 37190
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Available Online Forms and Services
- Plate Renewals (opens in a new window)
- Auto Assistant App (opens in a new window)
- Renewal Reminders (opens in a new window)
- New Business Application (opens in a new window)
- Marriage Application (opens in a new window)
- Placards (opens in a new window)
- Vehicle Sales Tax Calculator (opens in a new window)
The Cannon County Drivers License Office is now open. 8 AM – 4 PM, Mon. – Fri., at 110 S. Tatum in Woodbury, TN, in the Adams Building ( the old hospital). The office can be found on the left when you enter the building. Phone: (615) 964-0887.
The office can help you with:
- drivers license renewals
- real IDs
- change of address updates
- gun permits (RENEWALS only)
The office can not:
- perform eye tests
- do driving tests
- transfer an out of state license (as eye testing is required)